Thursday, December 8, 2011

How to delete gmail archive without deleting inbox?

I use a third party client (mail app) to download my gmail e-mails. I recently realized that this was taking quite a bit of space on my hard drive. On gmail, I noticed that I have several thousand e-mails in my archive folder. If I were to hit select all and delete, it would also delete my inbox e-mails, which I want to keep. Is there a way I can delete the archived e-mails but keep the inbox ones?|||There is no way to just delete archived mail. But, I have a possible solution:





You could just delete messages received before a certain date (i.e. six months seems safe enough).





Use the following operator in the Gmail search box (adjust the date to your liking):


鈥渂efore:2010/04/08鈥?br>




You can then select all-%26gt;delete.

No comments:

Post a Comment