Sunday, December 4, 2011

How can I remotely download my inbox from a Microsoft exchange server?

I need to remotely download the contents of my work inbox (which is on an exchange server) to my laptop. I have access via Microsoft Web Access (light version), but this only allows me to get one e-mail at a time. Any ideas? Thanks!|||If you don't have direct access or RPC over HTTP for your exchange server, then you can not export items. Sorry, no way around, other than cut %26amp; pasting every item.|||You can't do that. Thats why the web version is setup.|||- create a PST file from your microsoft exchange server and make sure that you save that PST file from your local hard drive.





Say, you are using microsoft outlook 2007 via microsoft exchange server, click FILE then NEW, then OUTLOOK DATA FILE, then follow the prompts.


Please make sure that you save the outlook data file in your local disc C or my documents on your laptop.


Then after you have created the OUTLOOK DATA FILE, highlight all your INBOX and drop 'em in the said OUTLOOK DATA FILE.





Close your OUTLOOK exchange server, then open your own OUTLOOK, click file then click open and point it to the OUTLOOK DATA FILE you saved on your laptop.


YOu should be able to see your INBOX.

No comments:

Post a Comment